Thursday, March 10, 2011

Painting Nails

I was thinking sociology at youth group the other night. I looked at all the kids that go to my church and thought it was intriguing that people from so many different cultures could come together as one group, and get along so well. Although people's cultures are so differnt we still find things in common, there are Korean refugees that have started coming and my friend and I started painting the nails of the little girls. I was talking to one of them and she was telling me about how she didn't always have a dinner or a different outfit everyday. I on the other hand didn't realize how privilaged I was to have a full kitchen, and different outfits for weeks. I then wondered how one thing could bring us together, when our cbackgrounds were so different. People interest me.

1 comment:

  1. It would be interesting to talk with some of the Korean refugees and get their perspectives on some different parts of American culture, like our language, clothings, customs, etc.

    ReplyDelete